It’s terrible to grow 4 inches of hair and rip out 3 of those inches recklessly removing of the braids.
That’s why I came up with this simple recipe to use during the braid removal process.
Braid Removal Strengthening Conditioner
- 1 C. Tresemme Anti-Breakage Conditioner
- 1 overripe banana
- 1/4 C. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 C. Water
- 2 tsp. Silk Amino Acids
1. Heat the conditioner in a microwave safe container for about 1-2 minutes. It should be warm, not boiling hot!
2. Cut the overripe banana into pieces and add them to the conditioner and mix thoroughly.
3. Add silk amino acids, apple cider vinegar, and water to the mixture and blend with a hand mixer.
4. Ensure the mixture is smooth and creamy
5. As you remove each braid from your hair, gently finger detangle the hair.
6. On each section of hair, apply a generous amount of the hair strengthening mixture, ensuring you cover the hair from roots to tip.
7. Pin each section of hair to the head with bobby pins.
8. Once you’ve completed the braid removal, cover the hair with any remaining mixture and cover your head with a plastic cap.
9. Let stand for 15 minutes and rinse.
This will leave your hair gloriously detangled and scalp refreshed!
- Braid Removal Strengthening Conditioner – Growth Retention Step 2 of 2
- Braid Removal Experience: The Anger, Anxiety & Resolution
- Best Basic Videos into Crochet Braiding!