This nourishing hair mask is what totally rejuvenates my hair after I take out my braids.
I wear braids and other protective styles to grow my hair, but this recipe actually helps me RETAIN all of that growth!
Post-Braid Hair Repair Pre-Poo Smoothie
- 1 large Avocado
- 1 Tbsp. Pracaxi Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Tamanu Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Raw Honey
- 2 tsp. Silk Amino Acids
- 1/4 C. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 C. Water
- 9 drops Basil essential oil
1. Add all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
2. Only freshly rinsed hair (from the braid removal strengthening conditioner in part 1), part hair with fingers and generously apply the mixture from root to tip. Really focus on those ends!
3. Once all of the mixture is used up, put a plastic cap on your head.
4. Let set for 20-60 minutes
5. Rinse hair and allow to airdry or dry on a cool setting with a hair dryer (TIP: Avoid heat at all costs when your hair is this fragile)
6. Wait at least 24 hours until you manipulate your hair again
- Braid Removal Strengthening Conditioner – Growth Retention Step 1 of 2
- Braid Removal Experience: The Anger, Anxiety & Resolution
- Best Basic Videos into Crochet Braiding!