I didn’t wake up early to workout, as you all know I’m fighting to establish this behavior as a habit, but I did workout in the morning:)
- Today’s Workout: Winsor Pilates: Advanced Body Slimming + Winsor Pilates: Bun & Thigh Sculpting + Jump Rope HIIT Training
Since I’m a beginner when it comes to HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) I’m starting S-L-O-W-L-Y. This doesn’t mean the speed or the intensity of my workouts is slow, it means the increments I practice at are minimal until I build endurance and strength.
Make no mistake, my intervals are brutal, but I’m ok starting with doing only 1 HIIT interval at a time and building as I go.
- 1 HIIT Jump Rope Interval = 4 minutes
- 20 seconds jumping rope as fast as you can
- 10 seconds rest
- repeat 8 times
My goal is to do 1 HIIT interval, six consecutive days in a row, for three weeks at a time before adding on another interval. Getting my level of fitness up to the point where I can do a 20-Minute HIIT workout with the Jump Rope is the ultimate goal.
Here’s the breakdown of what I’d like to achieve
- Weeks 1-3: 1 HIIT Jump Rope Interval
- Weeks 4-6: 2 HIIT Jump Rope Intervals
- Week 7-9: 3 HIIT Jump Rope Intervals
- Weeks 10-12: 4 HIIT Jump Rope Intervals
- Weeks 13-16: 5 HIIT Jump Rope Intervals
Dr. Sara Solomon offers some awesome YouTube videos of her HIIT interval training sessions. At the moment, the videos are too advanced for me, so I just use an app on my phone (or a Gymboss Interval Timer & Stopwatch) to do 4 minute intervals until I build up the stamina to do more.
Also, it’s VERY IMPORTANT to remember to stretch after these workouts. I combine my stretch and cool down session in one. This is the only way I can effectively catch my breath and slow down my heart rate at the same time. It also prevents cramping and bulking of the muscles. This is really important if you want a lean slender look. There isn’t any warm-up or cool down during HIIT intervals, so I always make it the last part of my workout after I’ve done my Winsor Pilates, which more than adequately warms up the muscles in the body.
That’s all for today:)
- 62 Days to Change: Day 12 – Mother’s Day, Sunday & All That Jazz
- 62 Days to Change: Day 11 – Weekend Laxness
- 62 Days to Change: Day 10 – Nothing New