A few days ago I came across the coolest thing…
Salad in a jar!
Now granted it’s been trending on Pinterest for about a year now, but I’m just getting wind of it (I don’t really use Pinterest alot), but I’ve found it to be an absolutely ingenious way to stay on my eating plan and help with portion control!
Check out pics of some of the salad I’ve made.
In total I made six salads. Two taco salads, two chickpea salads, and two BBQ chicken salad.
I used 24 oz. jars that I got from the local craft store for $1.99 each. When I brought them home I ran them through the dishwasher to sterilize them before using.
Ever since making these salads I’ve been browsing the internet to try and find great recipes.
Before I get into those recipes, you first need to know how to properly layer your salad in a jar. Check out this tutorial for awesome instructions:
Now, here are some recipes that I’ve found that I definitely want to try.
- Caprese Tuna Salad in a Jar
- Chickpea Salad in a Jar
- Chickpea and Chicken Salad in a Jar
- Chicken Ramen Salad in a Jar
- Chopped Taco Salad in a Jar
- Cobb Salad in a Jar
- Chunky Mediterranean Salad in a Jar
- Lean Green Veggie Salad in a Jar
- Mediterranean Bean Salad in a Jar
- Shrimp & Feta Cobb Salad in a Jar
- Southwestern Black Bean Salad in a Jar
- Thai Peanut Chicken Salad in a Jar
- Turkey and Cornbread Salad in a Jar
- Waldorf Salad in a Jar
- Wheat Berry Apple Salad in a Jar
- Yam and Chickpea Salad in a Jar
I hope you love all these recipes!
Don’t wait try a salad in a jar today:)
Here’s a great video of salad in a jar recipes!